Castello San Marco Tra Bagheria e Santa Flavia
Family History
 

Castle


Castle

Summer residence of the Princes of Mirto, owners in Palermo of the namesake Palazzo which was given by the family to the Regione Siciliana. The Castle was built in 1673, around a sixteenth-century artillery tower,according to a plan by the architect Domenico Cirrincione.

It is surrounded by a magnificent typical Sicilian garden, where the Mediterranean essence blends with juicy and exotic plants, and cacti. Perfectly preserved, you can admire the family coaches, the chapel, and the antique kitchen. During the Second World War, the writer Tomasi di Lampedusa, a cousin of the owners, stayed in the Manor as their guest.

Property from the beginning of the Lanza Filingeri, Counts of San Marco, Princes of Mirto, it still belongs to the female line of their descendants, the Camerata di Casalgismondo who still reside there throughout the year with their children.



1|
 Castello San Marco in un dipinto del pittore Francesco Lojacono (1865-1870 circa)Storia della famiglia
Foto d'epoca
Via San Marco, 90 - 90017 Santa Flavia (Palermo) - Tel: +39 338 8862360 - +39 329 8962598
Email: info@castelllosanmarco.net - ricevimenti@castellosanmarco.net
Questo sito è un prodotto Software Point